In Switzerland, they say that a man should wear a watch on his hand, the cost of which should be equal to the size of his monthly salary, thereby demonstrating the level of his wealth.
In my opinion, this is a more honest way to demonstrate your wealth. For those who earn 20-30 thousand rubles, buying an iPhone is, in my opinion, incredible stupidity. And for students who still do not earn anything, this is stupidity in the square.
2. REPAIR COST. The ridiculous cost of repairing the same screen will cost half the cost of a smartphone.
3. COST OF ACCESSORIES. Prices for original accessories for iPhone cost some crazy money. Cover – 3 500 rubles. Charger cable – 1 800 rubles. 18W USB‑C Power Adapter – Rs. Wireless charging – 8.400 rubles. Wireless headphones 13 700 rub. Lightning adapter / 3.5 mm headphone output – 700 rubles. Apple’s greed has no limits.
4. TEMPERATURE. There is a feeling that the iPhone was created exclusively for California, and that there are countries where it can be both very cold and very hot, apparently Apple does not know. Although Americans generally have trouble with geography. The iPhone refuses to work in sub-zero temperatures and in extreme heat. It is quickly discharged or completely cut down.
5. COMMUNICATION. If you live in any of the CIS countries, then the iPhone is the worst smartphone as a means of communication. A bad signal and a poor quality of voice transmission lead to bewilderment that in a device for such money there can be such childish problems.
Which most often leads to a change of operator, and only after trying all the available operators, the owner realizes that the problem is in the phone. This is due to the use of old Intel modems in iPhones, which work worse than the cheapest Chinese smartphone running on Snapdragon.
6. EQUIPMENT. Despite the declared function of fast charging, Apple decided not to complete the smartphone with a charger that provides such charging, but put a charger for normal charging.
And if you want to charge faster, buy a high-capacity charger. Everything for the client is our motto.
7. APPLE ECOSYSTEM. The iPhone is not friends with Windows or Android. Therefore, it forces you to buy other gadgets from Apple for better communication of your iPhone – iPad, Mac book.
8. COST OF APPLICATIONS. In Athos, you have to pay for everything, any applications in the App Store cost money and not small ones. The total cost of the required minimum of programs can be equal to the cost of an android smartphone with similar characteristics as an iPhone. That is, it is not enough to buy an iPhone itself, it will constantly pull money from you.
9. APP DOWNLOAD SPEED. Any application or game for iPhone downloads from the App Store four times slower than a similar version of the program or game for Android. Moreover, being in any country and with any Internet, and at the same time, you must constantly monitor that the screen does not lock during the download, otherwise the download of the application will also be interrupted. The same applies to downloading files by the application itself. Then you have to start all over again. As they say, everything is for the convenience of the client.
10. FILE EXCHANGE. The manufacturer has done everything to make the process of transferring files (photos, videos, music) from an iPhone to a computer or from an iPhone to another smartphone as difficult as possible. Moreover, if we are talking about transferring one file (photo, short video clip, music track), then this is possible, but if we are talking about transferring a large number of captured photos or videos, then this becomes a huge problem, even from iPhone to Mac book.
11. BATTERY LIFE. At first, it shows good survivability, but after six months in multitasking mode, it discharges very quickly.
12. BATTERY LIFE. The power saving settings for android devices are much more flexible, as well as the ability to estimate the remaining battery life at the set settings. Which increases the battery life in conditions of impossibility of recharging.
13. BATTERY CAPACITY. The flagship has almost 4,000 mAh, while many competitors have this figure for a long time from 5,000 mAh.
14. TYPE OF BATTERY. The iPhone has a lithium-ion battery, while competitors have an advanced lithium-polymer one. Another gap from competitors.
15. REVERSE CHARGING. Contrary to expectations, Apple abandoned the reverse charging function, which essentially gave another head start to their competitors, and at the same time demonstrated once again their selfishness and their device. Apparently the very idea that an iPhone battery can recharge the battery of a competitor, say your friend’s Samsung, can cause an attack of lost profits, because he will do it for free.
Perhaps Apple is now puzzling over how, when transferring a charge from a charging smartphone, money would be withdrawn to an iPhone account. Then the implementation of this function will be justified.
16. FAST CHARGING SPEED. The fast charging speed of the iPhone is less than competitors. 2 hours versus 1 hour for competitors.
17. SIM SLOT. It is surprising that there is no second slot for a second SIM card, while other manufacturers have made this the norm, and some even place three slots. The absence of a second slot limits the user in taking advantage of the tariffs of different providers.
18. MEMORY CARD. The lack of the ability to expand the memory using a memory card as on other devices. And expanding memory using cloud services requires high-speed Internet, which is far from available everywhere in Russia, and Apple servers are slow. Also, there is no possibility of expanding the memory using wireless hard drives as on aneroid devices.
19. MEMORY. Lack of freedom of choice or version with 64 GB or 256 GB. 64 GB is often not enough, and 256 GB is a lot, but there is no golden mean of 128 GB, which would suit many. As if on purpose, you are first forced to buy a version with 64 GB, and when you use it and realize that it is not enough, you will be forced to switch to the 256 GB version.
20. SOFTWARE STORAGE. On iPhones, applications can only be stored on the built-in memory, on Android devices, applications can be stored on external memory cards, thereby unloading the built-in memory.
21. USB. It is impossible to connect a USB flash drive to an iPhone as it is on Android devices with OTG support, which makes them more versatile devices
22.nano SIM. When manufacturers rushed to reduce SIM slots and agreed to adopt the new microSIM standard, Apple began to actively introduce nanoSIM. But the rest of the manufacturers decided that this was an unnecessary excess and did not follow Apple, with rare exceptions like Vertu and others.
As a result, if you need to move your nanoSIM from an iPhone to another device (as a result of a battery drain or to compare your carrier’s work on different devices), you won’t be able to do this without a microSIM adapter. Apple’s desire to show off will once again create additional difficulties for you.
23. CONNECTOR. At a time when all manufacturers are switching to a new promising USB 3.1 interface with a USB Type-C connector, Apple is creating its original Lightning connector, which forces the owner to acquire a bunch of cables and chargers: home, car, work.
After all, if you do not have the original cable to your original connector, you will not be able to borrow it from a colleague like others. You also can’t buy it in any electronics store because it’s “unique”. Few people want to keep on the shelf a product that is not intended for the mass buyer. The isolation of the iPhone from other gadgets makes you isolated from others.
24. Data transfer for Lightning – 5 Gb / s, against – 10 Gb / s, for USB Type-C
25. 12 W voltage transmission. Lightning versus up to 100 W, USB Type-C.
26. No separate headphone jack. To connect headphones, you must additionally buy an adapter for 700 rubles.
27. The impossibility of simultaneously listening to music using wired headphones and charging the smartphone with wired charging, due to the only connector on the case.
It is possible that in future models this connector will also be removed in order to stand out among other manufacturers. Wireless charging (8,400 rubles) is already available and wireless headphones (13,700 rubles) too, so buy and use, everything is for you.
28. MULTITASK. Applications “running” in the background cannot be active, for example, files are not added to Dropbox, new videos are not loaded into the program to watch them. For the application to work in it, you need to be without minimizing it.
According to Apple, multitasking is when you can return to a minimized application, and it will remain in the same state in which you minimized it. Miracles, and only from apple wizards.
29.BLUETOOTH. Bluetooth modules on iOS are only for connecting a wireless headset and connecting smart watches from Apple. It is not possible to transfer files or receive them, as on other Android smartphones.
30. DESIGN. A cutout at the top of the screen that iPhone applications cannot use, leaving a cut off piece of the picture.
31. The back cover has a glossy and slippery surface, which is constantly smeared with fingerprints and tends to slip out of your hands, and repairs, as I mentioned, are very expensive.
32. The ill-conceived placement of the protruding camera block in the upper left corner leads to an unstable position of the smartphone on the table. When typing text, the smartphone constantly shakes.
33. In general, the design of the smartphone with heavily rounded corners, thick screen bezels looks too old-fashioned. Competitors offer much more interesting models of their smartphones without being afraid to introduce bold solutions.
34. FACE ID. The owner’s face recognition system works correctly only under certain conditions. If the system does not recognize the owner, you will have to enter the password manually.